Social Media Statistics for 2020 – Why this is important if you will not see anyone for 6 – 9 months! Stay connected!
Here’s a summary of the Social Media Statistics for 2020:
- 3.5 billion social media users worldwide.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform there is right now (TikTok is coming!).
- 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users.
- Users spend an average of 3 hours per day on social networks and messaging. I spend 6 hours!
- 73% of marketers believe that social media marketing has been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business. I say “Very Effective”.
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products. Doesn’t everyone?
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend the brand to their friends and family. You had better get it right!
- 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations on social media! No longer “Word of Mouth”, its “World of Mouth”
- 800 million daily active Instagram stories are uploaded worldwide. Get busy posting!
- 91% of all social media users access social channels via mobile devices. That is why a Digital Strategy is SO IMPORTANT! Get Digital, Get Dryden!